Up to 2 children or teens with one paid adult please.
This is a family camp (or couples) experience where we step it up a notch. This course is loaded with skills that will be taught and can be quite challenging at times. We set all of our courses up for success, and you will learn a great deal. Skills that will be covered during the weekend are:
- Shelter building, both primitive & using man made material
- Fire constructing, many different ways
- Water collecting and disinfecting
- Food gathering
- Camp fire cooking
- Primitive hunting & trapping implements
- Signaling & rescue
This camp is for couples or families with older children (mature) 10 years old or older. Also, if only one parent wants to attend with a child that is fine also.
- Head lamp w/spare batteries
- Tent or tarp for shelter. Hammocks are fine
- Sleeping bag
- Changes of clothing
- Hygiene items
- Rain gear or poncho
- Tarp – at least 8 ft x 8 ft can be Wal-Mart special
- Personal medications
- Preferred snacks & drinks
Meals: Meals are provided during the course. If there are any food allergies or special diet needs, please let us know and we will work with you the best we can.
Breakfast: Usually, pancakes or eggs w/ bacon or sausage, instant oat meal, fruit.
Lunch: Sandwiches, hot dogs with chips.
Dinner: Burgers, stews, sky’s the limit.